This course provides a foundation in aspects of the moving image and sound, to allow students to understand current developments and deal with changes in technology.
It will enable learners to develop a portfolio of work which can be shown to potential employers or higher educational establishments.
The course comprises of eight units, the majority of which are practical.
• Contextual Studies for Creative Media Production
• Research Techniques for Creative Media Production
• Practical Skills for Moving Image Production
• Film Studies
• Development and Techniques of Film and Video Editing
• Promotional Video Production
• Camera & Lighting Techniques for Moving Image Production
• Music Video Production
The Higher National Certificate usually allows students to go directly into the second year of a degree course - this will allow the students to reduce overall course education costs.
Possibility of studying to HND level at King Edward may also be available.
For further details visit: King Edward VI website here